Sunday, May 24, 2020

Back for the moment

I had run out of things to say. Well, not really, i've spoken a great many words since my last blog entry. But I had run out of things i wanted to report to Blogland. A few times, i thought of returning, picking up where i'd left off, but did i really want to cover all that ground? No, or if i did, i didn't necessarily want to spew it out for others to see.

For a time, I felt i had landed in a nice neighbourhood in the Blogosphere and felt comfortable, but then I knew people whose accounts were hacked, and I found myself growing more and more reticent.

I continued reading some of my favourites, but they, too, for the most part had taken a break or were talking about things that didn't hold my interest. Something felt stale, and life got a bit busy, so i stepped away.

I was thinking about some of those bloggers over the last few weeks. Wondering how they were. And so today, when I was watching something on YouTube and wanting to make a comment in the chat, I couldn't because I had to sign in. Right. Somehow i had deleted all of my firefox bookmarks with the recent update (note to self. if they advise you to delete because they may not carry over correctly in the latest update, TAKE A CHANCE AND SAY NO). So i needed to sign in, and couldn't for the life of me remember my password. I knew my user name, but they weren't interested in that. And then they did the whole is it really you? and Let's play 20 questions to see if it is. Which left me cold, and i found my password, only by then, they wanted none of it. Nope. I could be someone nefarious rather than just a middle aged broad who couldn't remember the @(U*(%($(#$TU($#TU($ password and just wanted to make a comment. sigh

But it did make me realize that i hadn't checked my blog in ages, so i had a look. And saw some spam comments so wanted to sign in and delete those.

So here we are, three or so hours later, having perused some of my old entries and others' blogs I used to read and enjoy. A few are still at it, which i am glad to see. And i may join the ranks once again. We shall see.

6 comments:

  1. @(U*(%($(#$TU($#TU($ was my password. I've had to change it now that you've guessed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so...good to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what became of the boat?
    Hello there; good to see you back. I hope you decide to carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do a blog entry about the boat. If i do, then i guess i'll be carrying on :)

      Delete