Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Night Chit Chat, 8 July 2012

Carla says this can be a photo or saying.

“Those who wish to sing will always find a song.” - Celtic Proverb
 
Reading
Rereading Winnie-the-Pooh. I had picked up a copy in case a friend who has a child stops by.

Watching
The cats. Since Jim's arrival, Phoebe and JoJo have been a bit wary, standoffish, angry, and glad to see me. I try to comfort, cajole, soothe, or smile as the situation dictates.

Listening to
Jim play with a piece of paper. Of course, now that i've typed that, he's stopped playing and is watching my hands.

Cooking/Baking
Friends invited me for supper and gave me the leftover cooked pasta and sauce as they were heading back home, and home is a long way from here. I used some of the pasta for tonight's supper and made a white clam sauce for it. I'll use up the rest of the pasta and sauce tomorrow. I don't eat much pasta these days, so it's been a real treat.

Happy you accomplished this week
Boat was launched last week, today i bent the main sail (meaning i put it on) and took the boat off her mooring. Had trouble with the rudder staying down, so it was a very short jaunt and a bit harrowing. Kind next door neighbours lent me their lawn mower so i could mow. The repair place called me on the day the mower was supposed to be fixed to let me know the part is backordered until Thursday.
 
Able to see friends who were here on vacation. It was fun hearing about their adventures.

Looking forward to next week
Nothing specific on the calendar. I'll be glad to have Jim's vet appointment done with (scheduled for Tuesday morning).

Thankful for today
Great neighbours
Even though the rudder incident was harrowing, no one got hurt or injured other than a cut on my finger when i grabbed the mooring line.
A beautiful day weather-wise.
Phone call from a friend just to see how i was. :-)

Bonus question
Grab the book nearest you, turn to page 18, and line 4, and type out the line
 
The book nearest me is a medical abbreviations book, so i'm going to grab one off the shelf...
 
"a warm day." The book is The Drugstore Cat by Ann Petry.

No comments:

Post a Comment