Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good Friday

wasn't good for me. I felt very unsettled and crabby when everything i had planned for the day went wrong. It was very much a poor me sort of day, and i couldn't snap out of my funk.

Today went much better; a one-line note from a friend who was thinking of me and another who called out of the blue just to say hi really perked me up today.

Funny how a kind small gesture can have such a large effect. I'm glad of it and am thankful for my friends and loved ones.

2 comments:

  1. May I suggest that next year, instead of calling it GOOD Friday, you simply call it Friday, like the rest of us! Who says it has to be GOOD anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cro, i can call it good for any number of reasons: i don't work weekends as a general rule anymore, so it's good. It was also nearing the end of my Lenten period of no sweets, so it's good.

    And, as i was following along with Lent, it only makes sense for me to mark it as Good Friday.

    Since you are not a follower of Christianity, there would be no need for you to underline this particular Friday as Good Friday.

    As a believer, it is for me the epitome of the darkest before the dawn. My own particular darkest before the dawn, from which sprang forth this post, was very small potatoes indeed, but i am no less grateful to be out from under its shadow.

    ReplyDelete