Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday night chit-chat 15 April 2012

Carla says this can be a photo or saying.




Phoebe hard at work as a paperweight.



Reading
I am reading My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell. I'm still drooling over Treasure Chests The Legacy of Extraordinary Boxes by Lon Schleining.

Watching
I watched some episodes from the tv show "Frasier," and this was from the first season. Well-written show and great cast.

Listening to
JoJo crunching some kibble. We're all getting ready to turn in for the night.

Cooking/Baking
Made a lovely baked beets and onion dish following a recipe in the "Moosewood Low Fat Cookbook." It's been a long time since i made that recipe, and i can't think as to why, as it's tasty.

Happy you accomplished this week
I was hoping to say, "I got all the tax forms filled out." Not quite; i have two left, but all i have to do is transfer the values and i'm done.

Made a good dent on spring cleaning the kitchen. I've been giving it a lick and a promise for awhile and decided a good scrubbing was in order. I'm about two-thirds of the way there.


Looking forward to next week
Puttering around in the garden a bit. I've got some weeding to do and i'm going to start a few tomato plants.

Thankful for today
Gorgeous weekend! The weather was sunny and warm.

My leg feels nearly 100% so i played hockey this afternoon. There weren't many of us on the ice as kids have off school this week, and many families are away. We started with six-on-six and ended up with three-on-three. Phew! One of my teammates needed to move her boat, and i offered to help if i could. We drove over to the shipyard after hockey. Hauled on the bow spring and stern spring, realising as i did so that my hands have become very soft over the winter. I also didn't have a lot of oomph, though i was glad to be of at least some help. So many neighbours and friends have been so kind and helpful, that it's nice when we can lend a hand.

2 comments:

  1. Love your cat pic & paperweight comment! LOL!! So glad your leg is feeling better! Now go get those taxes done!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Carla, i can't believe i'm dragging with the taxes! Maybe i can blame the paperweight, LOL!

    ReplyDelete